MRU Student Leadership Conference
Tuesday, 17 January 2017 15:16
Student Photographer - Parks Canada
Thursday, 12 January 2017 15:39
As a dynamic member of the Interpretation team, working under the direction of the Interpretation Coordinator, the Student Photographer will be responsible for the following:
- Taking photos of interpretive activities and events
- Maintaining an organized inventory of photos to be used by the Visitor Experience Department
- Recording videos of evening interpretive theatre programs
- Delivering interpretive activities and presentations to provide visitors of Banff National Park with opportunities to discover, appreciate, learn about and enjoy the place and its natural and cultural resources and understand their significance to Canada.
- Engaging hundreds of visitors per day in interactive, interpretive programming at busy day- use areas
- Spending a significant amount of time per day driving a vehicle
- Must possess a valid Alberta Class 5 driver's license or equivalent.
More info and apply here:
Contract opportunity, deadline approaching.
Wednesday, 11 January 2017 12:05
ATB is seeking Year 3 or Year 4 photojournalists in the MRU Journalism Program to work on a follow-up to “Entrepreneurs of Alberta” - an Instagram/Facebook campaign (https://www.instagram.com/atbfinancial/?hl=en) that follows the structure of Humans of New York (https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork/).
One candid photo and quote from each entrepreneur featured is required.
Shoots happen whenever the student wants to schedule them. In the past, students have been given 3 months to come back with 25 quotes & images. How they do this is up to them. More turn-around time can be arranged if necessary.
C.A. MacLean Foundation Summer Internship Program
Wednesday, 11 January 2017 12:01
Accepting Applications now for Summer 2017
Deadline to apply: January 31, 2017
The C.A. MacLean Foundation is sponsoring two ten-week internships during the summer of 2017 for journalism students. The internship program will allow students to learn first-hand the importance of community journalism, having them work alongside the editors, reporters and photographers of the community newspapers in Alberta or Northwest Territories. All AWNA member newspapers are eligible to apply to participate in the internship program, with two newspapers being chosen by lottery to host an intern. Applications received from the students will be reviewed and distributed to those two newspapers, who will then interview each student and make their selection.
Bissett Networking Day
Monday, 09 January 2017 12:31
A professional conference for all students taking courses at the Bissett School of Business
Bissett Networking Day is an excellent opportunity for Mount Royal students to network with employers, learn about industry trends, gain new skills and hear from industry professionals.
BND 2017 will include a keynote luncheon presentation and eight break-out sessions, addressing careers in Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Social Innovation, International Business, and Aboriginal Business. The Conference will conclude with a networking evening with refreshments and hors d’oeuvres, where students, alumni and business leaders will be present.
Page 1 of 30«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»